Academy Governors’ Meetings
By law, governing bodies must meet at least three times every year, as a Full Governing Body, but the on-going business is discussed by smaller committees. All areas of the Academy’s work are discussed, reported on and decisions are taken by a majority vote.
A typical Governors’ meeting agenda might include:
- Principal’s report and issues raised
- Update on Personnel matters e.g. appointments made
- Reports from the Committees: Pastoral, Curriculum, Personnel and Finance
- Budget Monitoring
- A review of recent and forthcoming Academy events and initiatives
- Governor training
- Any current key or current issues (e.g. academy status, Ofsted requirements)
At The Elizabethan Academy we have 2 sub-committees which meet at least once a term, and sometimes more frequently, if circumstances demand it. The committees are:
- Finance, Risk and Audit
- Quality of Education
In addition to the above subcommittees, the Finance, Risk and Audit committee have a sub committee to support the review of performance management outcomes including of the principal.
There is also a Governors’ Exclusion Committee (Discipline) which meets to discuss any permanent exclusion cases and has the power to reinstate an excluded pupil or to reduce the term of the exclusion.