Teacher of Design and Technology
MPS / UPR
(with a possibility to start earlier if available)
Full Time or Flexible Working Options available
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring teacher of Design Technology to join our welcoming, successful and oversubscribed standalone academy. If you love your subject and are passionate about developing pedagogy and practice, then this is the job for you.
The Elizabethan Academy is a successful 11-19 converter academy. Students and staff benefit from excellent facilities. Our most recent OFSTED inspection (May 2018) saw the academy judged as ‘Good’ with many outstanding features. We are very proud of our Academy, of its academic traditions, extracurricular opportunities, and pastoral support. We believe in education in its broadest sense. As an independent academy, we have been able to retain the elements which make it a unique, vibrant and exciting place to work and learn.
What makes us different?
We are an inclusive school and know each of our students as individuals. Our students always come first, as they are at the heart of everything we do. They are our biggest asset and best ambassadors. We have high expectations and are ambitious for young people. We are passionate about student leadership and want to shape the pioneers and leaders of tomorrow. Our Leadership Programme is recognised both locally and nationally.
What we can do for you
- We offer extensive professional development opportunities with a structured path to enable progression at every stage of your career. This includes leadership training, secondments at other schools, coaching and mentoring. We also support our staff undertaking NPQ’s.
- We are proud to be a “Brilliant School” and have recently been awarded the Wellbeing Award for Schools.
- We implement effective strategies to manage workload, including eliminating graded observations, the weekly staff CPD slot built into the timetable. As a standalone academy, we are able to implement sensible feedback policies to reduce onerous markings.
- Bespoke support and/or line management from exceptional, dedicated school leaders for staff at all levels.
Main areas of responsibility
Our ideal candidate will :-
- Have the ability to teach Design and Technology across all age and ability ranges.
- Be passionate about teaching design and technology and committed to raising the attainment of all students
- Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its students can achieve and lead on the Academy’s participation in national school competitions.
- Embrace our ethos and passion for our 3 R’s of Respect, Responsibility and Resilience.
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Please apply by sending your completed application and cover letter to HR Manager, Helen Upson, by post or email at email@example.com You can contact Helen with any queries or for application assistance by email or by telephone - 01777 713705.
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed by appointment.
Closing date for applications
9am on Tuesday 5th December 2023
Interviews taking place week commencing Monday 11th December 2023