Exam Invigilators, Readers and Scribes
Main periods of work January, March, May, June and November – casual basis
Required as soon as possible.
Pay: £10.62 per hour
The Elizabethan Academy is a successful and popular 11 to 18 comprehensive school with purpose built premises and excellent facilities.
We are currently seeking to recruit Exam Invigilators, Readers and Scribes to assist in the smooth running of GCSE, “A” Level and BTEC exams throughout the academic year, but predominantly during January, March, May, June and November.
The work will entail:
- Preparing the examinations environment with required resources
- Monitoring and managing candidate behaviour in line with exam regulations
- Distributing and collating accurately exam papers and associated materials
- Supporting the efficient timekeeping of the examination.
- Supporting students on a one to one basis with reading and scribing, if required.
- All in accordance with the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) Regulations and school policies.
Please refer to the Job Description for full information. The role may incorporate any combination of invigilation, reading and scribing as fits the preferences and skill sets of the successful candidates.
Successful applicants will have availability during the school day however, it is possible to offer some flexibility over precise timings. Experience of working in a school environment preferred but not essential as training will be given.
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students.
We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Please apply by sending your completed application and cover letter to HR Manager, Helen Upson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org You can contact Helen with any queries or for application assistance by email or on the telephone - 01777 713705.
Closing date for applications
9am on Wednesday 13th September 2023
Interviews – Tuesday 19th September 2023