Senior Teaching Assistant
Senior Teaching Assistant
NJC Grade 5 (points 15-22) pro rata
Dependent on skills and experience
To commence as soon as possible
32.5 hours per week – Term Time Only (Flexible Working Patterns Considered)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, inspirational and highly motivated professional to join our successful school. Working within our Learning Support department, your role will be to lead of the provision of support, either in lessons, as 1:1 tuition, or to small groups of students with varying abilities. You will be encouraging and supporting individual pupils to reach their full potential, whilst demonstrating a creative and determined attitude that will help motivate students. You will ensure that appropriate interventions are in place and will liaise with teaching and support staff regarding support and strategies for specific students. You will be directly supporting the students, as well as helping to organise the teaching and learning resources available to students and staff. You will work closely with outside agencies and feeder schools.
We require confident people who can relate well to students and staff alike and are committed to supporting teaching and learning. Previous classroom experience is preferred but not essential.
The post will initially be recruited for a fixed term to the end of this Academic Year. The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent Teaching Assistant who is passionate about working with children and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others, offering direction, guidance and support and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
- Experienced in working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties;
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
We are able to offer staff a supportive environment with continuous professional development and excellent facilities. If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to join an independent academy where relationships for learning are fundamental to our continued success we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
You can apply by submitting your completed application form by the deadline below to, HR Manager, Helen Upson at email@example.com for application assistance please email or telephone 01777 713705 with any queries.
Visits to our Academy are warmly welcomed by appointment.
Closing date for applications
10am on Thursday 13th January 2022
Interviews as soon as possible thereafter