Cover Teacher / Supervisor
MPS / NJC Grade 4 (point 8-14) – £20,493 – £23,080 pro rata
Full OR Part time – Temporary to August 2022 with the possibility to extend
Are you interested in a career in education? Or are you taking a gap year and want quality experience or a returning professional or just want to make a positive difference to the lives of young people? We have the opportunity for you……
The Elizabethan Academy are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Cover Teacher or Supervisor. The role provides classroom supervision for pupils where teacher colleagues are absent from duty. There may be some timetabled lessons and some general academy support.
We require a confident person who can relate well to students and is committed to supporting teaching and learning. Previous classroom experience is preferred but not essential. This post could suit a range of applicants from a graduate considering moving on to their PGCE or a former teacher considering a return to the profession. An English and /or Maths specialism up to and including KS4 would be an advantage.
The post will initially be recruited for a fixed term to the end of this Academic year.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be confident in delivering cover lessons
- teach all areas of your subject specialism to KS3 & 4, Maths and English experience is desirable;
- teach small intervention groups and work with our feeder primaries where appropriate;
- be able to contribute to extra curricular activities such as ES D of E, Cadets, clubs etc.
- can exhibit an adaptable approach in order to effectively cover absence, sickness and leave, on a day to day basis, short term and occasionally for some long term roles;
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment;
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all ability ranges, sometimes on short notice;
- Be conscientious and calm under pressure;
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintain discipline in line with our behavioural policies;
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific areas of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of these specialist areas;
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, to meet the needs of the school.
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Please apply by completing the relevant application form (dependent on whether you are a teacher or non-teacher, ie associate) and send to email@example.com. Please telephone HR Manager Helen Upson on 01777 713705 for application assistance.
Closing date for applications
10am Monday 1st November 2021
Interviews - as soon as possible thereafter