Teacher of Design Technology
Teacher of Design and Technology
The Elizabethan Academy is a successful 11-19 converter academy. Students and staff benefit from excellent facilities. We are looking to recruit a Teacher of Design and Technology to share our commitment and determination to providing a learning environment that enables all young people to thrive. We have all-encompassing professional development opportunities with a structured path to enable career progression. This includes secondments at other schools in the East Midlands and staff coaching. We are also a "Brilliant School" and are working towards the Wellbeing Award for Schools.
This post would suit an NQT as well as a more experienced applicant. The post will initially be recruited on a fixed term until August 2022.
The successful candidate will join a hardworking, forward thinking and supportive department. We have recently been successful in our bid to offer the new Digital Route T Level from 2022 onwards which the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved with. We have excellent CPL opportunities and are part of the Redhill Teaching Alliance. We work closely with our feeder primary schools and the successful candidate will have scope for working across phases as well as with the community and local SME’s.
The Academy also has an off-site alternate provision centre at the beautiful Idle Valley Nature reserve. We are looking to extend our curriculum offer to include practical skills appropriate for the outdoor environment which could provide the success candidate with an exciting opportunity to be involved in something different.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about teaching in design and technology and be committed to achieving excellent results for their students
- experience of teaching product design, resistant materials and engineering at both GCSE and A-Level would be an advantage
- demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its students can achieve and lead on the Academy’s participation in national school competitions
- be able to positively engage and work with outside agencies and organisations to raise the Academy’s profile and develop relationships
- engage, motivate and challenge students with a view in particular to raising aspirations of underachieving students
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- be committed to the Academy’s ethos of high expectations with no excuses
Please also include details of any second subjects in your application.
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Please contact HR Manager, Helen Upson on 01777 713705 / email@example.com with any queries. Please also contact Helen for any application assistance.
Visits to our Academy are warmly welcomed by appointment.
Closing date for applications
9am on Monday 19th April 2021
Interviews Friday 23rd April 2021