Teacher of Computer Science / Digital IT
Teacher of Computer Science /Digital IT
MPS or UPS
(depending on experience)
Full time or Part time - Flexible Working Options are available
The Elizabethan Academy is a successful 11-19 Academy full of passion, innovation and character where students and staff benefit from excellent facilities on site. We are looking to recruit a Teacher of Computing to share our commitment and determination to providing a learning environment that enables all young people to thrive. We have all-encompassing professional development with a structured path to enable career progression from ITT to SLT. This includes secondments at other schools in the East Midlands and formal leadership training and coaching. We believe in our staff and want them to be the best they can be. We are also a “Brilliant School” and are working towards the Wellbeing Award for Schools.
The successful candidate will join a forward thinking, successful and supportive department at an exciting time. We have recently been successful in our bid to offer the new Digital Route T Level from 2022 onwards. We currently have an extensive capital bid in place to further enhance our existing provision to include purpose buildings, rapid prototyping and computer control. We have excellent CPL opportunities and are part of the Redhill Teaching Alliance. We work closely with our feeder primary schools and the successful candidate will have scope for working across phases as well as will local and national SME’s.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be dependable and passionate about teaching Computing and Digital ICT
- an ability to code, ideally in python, would be an advantage
- Be able to teach at all key stages but particularly GCSE and A-Level
- Be committed to raising student’s digital literacy skills in order to effectively prepare them for future pathways
- Show evidence of being, or having the potential to be, an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Be a reflective practitioner who focusses on continuous development of practice.
- Demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its students can achieve
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- enjoy working in a fast paced, solutions focused environment
- be committed to the Academy’s ethos of high expectations with no excuses
Recruitment and Retention incentives could be available for the right candidate, as could the opportunity for leadership experience supporting the implementation of the T Levels across the Academy. This is a permanent position.
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Please contact HR Manager, Helen Upson on 01777 713705 / email@example.com with any queries. Please also contact Helen for any application assistance.
Visits to our Academy are warmly welcomed by appointment.
Closing date for applications
9am on Monday 19th April 2021
Interviews Friday 23rd April 2021