Teaching Assistant / Learning Mentor Vacancy
Teaching Assistant / Mentor
NJC Grade 4 (points 8-14) pro rata
Dependant on skills and experience
To commence as soon as possible
32.5 hours per week – Term Time Only (Flexible Working Patterns Considered)
This is a fantastic and flexible opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, inspirational and highly motivated professional to join our successful school. We are looking for either a Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor. This could be a split role, full or part time or a job share. As a TA you would work within our Learning Support department, your role will be to provide support, either in lessons, as 1:1 tuition, or to small groups of students with varying abilities. You will be encouraging and supporting individual pupils to reach their full potential, whilst demonstrating a creative and determined attitude that will help motivate students. You will be directly supporting the students, as well as helping to organise the teaching and learning resources available to students and staff.
As a Mentor you would specialise in one or a combination of curriculum areas of English, Maths and Science with the purpose of supporting our COVID recovery curriculum. The successful candidates will undertake specialist small group or one to one work with students requiring additional support.
We require confident people who can relate well to students and are committed to supporting teaching and learning. Previous classroom experience is preferred but not essential. This post could suit a range of applicants from experienced Teaching Assistants to graduates considering moving on to their PGCE or a former teacher considering a return to the profession. We would also welcome applications from sixth form students studying English, maths or science subjects and who are thinking of deferring or taking a gap year. This is an ideal opportunity to not only make a difference to young people’s lives but differentiate yourself from other candidates in the future in what will be a very competitive employment market.
The post will initially be recruited for a fixed term to the end of this Academic Year. The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent Teaching Assistant or Mentor who is passionate about working with children and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
- Experienced in working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties;
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
We are able to offer staff a supportive environment with continuous professional development and excellent facilities. If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to join an independent academy where relationships for learning are fundamental to our continued success we would be delighted to hear from you, whether you feel you can undertake either or a combination of the roles.
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers. Full details are available and you may apply online by visiting http://elizabethan.notts.sch.uk/vacancies or telephone Helen Upson on 01777 713705.
Closing date for applications
10am on Friday 18th September 2020
Interviews w/c 21st September 2020