Teacher of Science
Teacher of Science
Autumn Term 2022 or January 2023
Full Time or Flexible Working Options available
The Elizabethan Academy is a successful 11-19 stand-alone academy. Students and staff benefit from excellent facilities in our modern and purpose built school. We are looking to recruit a Teacher of Science to share our commitment and determination to providing a learning environment that enables all young people to thrive.
We have all-encompassing professional development opportunities with a structured path to enable career progression. This includes secondments at other schools in the East Midlands and staff coaching. We are also a "Brilliant School" and are working towards the Wellbeing Award for Schools.
This post could suit an ECT as well as a more experienced applicant.
The successful candidate will join a hardworking, forward thinking and supportive department. We can consider any science specialism.
The Academy also has an off-site alternate provision centre at the beautiful Idle Valley Nature reserve which could provide the successful candidate with an exciting opportunity to be involved in something a little bit different.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about teaching science and committed to achieving excellent results for their students.
- demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- be committed to the Academy’s ethos of high expectations with no excuses
- be flexible in their ability to teach across the sciences
- an ability to teach KS3 Humanities would be an advantage but is not essential
- be prepared to undertake some small group or 1:1 work and occasional cover in emergency situations
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Please apply by submitting your completed application form and cover letter to our HR Manager Helen Upson, at email@example.com You can also contact Helen by email or on 01777 713705 for application assistance or with any queries.
Visits to our Academy are warmly welcomed by appointment.
Closing date for applications
9am on 25th August 2022
Interviews taking place Friday 2nd September 2022