Assistant Careers Advisor
Salary dependant on skills and experience
Start as soon as possible
(32.5hrs per week or Flexible Working Patterns Considered / Term Time Only
Are you experienced or qualified in providing careers advice and support?
Perhaps you have relevant experience and are looking to undertake formal careers training?
The Elizabethan Academy are seeking to recruit an additional Careers Advisor to support our current full time Careers Advisor.
We require a confident person who can relate well to students and is committed to supporting our whole school values on progression opportunities for all, to maximise our students employability and readiness for the next steps of their careers. Previous experience in a school setting is preferred but not essential if your application is supported by other relevant experience.
The post will initially be recruited for a fixed term of one year.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of the Gatsby benchmarks.
- Motivation and flexibility.
- Effective organisation and communication skills.
- Confidence to enable them to lead group sessions, assemblies and present at other relevant events.
- Will have good communication skills with the ability to work on your own initiative, but also be able to work flexibly as part of a team.
- The ability to act as a positive role model and set high standards.
- Be confident in their ability to support all students including those with SEN and who are vulnerable.
We are able to offer staff a supportive environment with continuous professional development and excellent facilities. If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to join an independent academy where relationships for learning are fundamental to our continued success we would be delighted to hear from you.
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers. Please apply by completing the application below and sending to: email@example.com. For any application assistance, please contact Helen Upson on 01777 713705.
Closing date for applications
10am on Wednesday 13th October 2021
Interviews as soon as possible thereafter