Teacher of IT or STEM
Easter 2018 or sooner
Full OR Part time – Temporary to August 2018 with the possibility to extend
The Elizabethan Academy is a successful 11-19 converter academy, with a collaborative sixth form. Students and staff benefit from the excellent facilities. Due to internal redeployment we are looking to recruit either a Teacher of IT or STEM to share our commitment and determination to providing a learning environment that enables all young people to thrive. We have fantastic professional development with a structured path to enable career progression. This post could suit an NQT as well as a more experienced applicant and there may be opportunities to take on additional responsibilities for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will join a hardworking, forward thinking and supportive department at an exciting time. We have excellent CPL opportunities and are part the Redhill Teaching Alliance. We work closely with our feeder primary schools and the successful candidate will have scope for working across the phase.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about teaching IT or STEM and be committed to achieving excellent results for their students
- demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its students can achieve and lead on the Academy’s participation in national school competitions
- be able to positively engage and work with outside agencies and organisations to raise the Academy’s profile and develop relationships
- engage, motivate and challenge students with a view in particular to raising aspirations of underachieving students
- coordinate student ambassadors and utilise them as leaders of in school events.
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- be committed to the Academy’s ethos of high expectations with no excuses
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Please provide your completed application form, including 2 referees, to HR Manager, Helen Upson at The Elizabethan Academy email@example.com prior to the closing date.
If you have any queries please telephone our HR Department on 01777 713705.
Closing date for applications
12.00 noon Thursday 7th December 2017
Interviews w/c 11th December 2017
Midday Meals Supervisor
£7.78 / hour & living wage
5 hours per week term time only
The Elizabethan Academy in Retford is a successful and popular 11-18 Comprehensive School. We have excellent purpose-built premises.
We currently wish to appoint new Midday Supervisors to join our team of support staff as soon as possible. The post will entail:
• Ensuring a safe and orderly lunchtime for students
• Supervising dining areas and outside play areas
• Patrolling corridors
• Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students
Experience in a similar role would be a distinct advantage.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Midday-Supervisor Job Description
Application Form Support Staff